Confidently and quickly navigate all areas of tax with the Australian Master Tax Guide. Access authoritative commentary, practical examples, tax planning points, checklists and key tax rates and dates with ease.
This edition incorporates the 2017/18 Federal Budget measures and is up-to-date to 1 January 2018.
An essential reference guide for all accountants, tax lawyers, financial advisors and payroll offices.
- A complete chapter of practical checklists, including expanded tax return preparation checklists for company, partnership and trust tax returns
- Complete effective life (depreciation) tables and calendar of key tax dates
- A comprehensive subject index and finding lists
- Practical examples and tax planning points
- Authoritative commentary on all aspects of Federal income tax (including capital gains tax), GST, FBT, fuel tax credits, superannuation
- Basic overviews of State taxes such as duties, payroll tax and land tax.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Highlights of 2017 Tax Changes
- Checklist of Tax Changes in 2017/18
- Introduction to Australian Tax System
- Types of Taxpayer
- Tax Accounting, Stock
- Income, Capital Gains
- Superannuation, Termination
- Personal Offsets, Deductions
- Capital Allowances, Incentives
- International Taxation
- Returns, Assessment, Payment
- Disputes, Avoidance, Tax Planning
- Tax and BAS Agents, TFNs, ABNs
- Other Taxes