This practical, plain-language guide outlines and explains the laws which govern all aspects of employment relations — including the duties and obligations of employers and employees, individual bargaining and employment agreements, collective bargaining and collective agreements, health and safety, working hours, remuneration, holidays, termination, disputes and grievances, discrimination, information and privacy, and much more.
Key decisions from the Employment Court, the Employment Relations Authority and other courts and tribunals are used to show how employment laws and agreements are interpreted and applied.
The Guide is revised annually, and the law and decisions it contains are right up to date.
The 2018 edition:
- outlines the changes to employment law and employment relations promised in the Labour Party’s election manifesto and the coalition government agreement
- reports the first court decisions made under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the very first involving penalties of $100,000 and another creating bands of culpability to determine penalties
- contains key decisions of the Employment Court and the Employment Relations Authority from 2017 on topics as diverse as stress and bullying, workplace intellectual property, misuse of hazardous substances, the levying of premiums for giving employment, and availability clauses
- includes details of more than 20 Acts of Parliament which affect employment and employment relations.
It is an essential reference for employers, employees, managers, HR and ER specialists, recruitment consultants, lawyers, students and anyone else involved or interested in this dynamic field of law.
Contents covered include:
- Employment Law and the Workplace
- Employers and Workers
- Duties and Obligations of Employers and Employees
- Employment Contracts and Agreements
- The Employment Law Institutions
- Employment Terms and Conditions for Individuals
- Unions, Collective Bargaining and Collective Agreements
- Hours of Work
- Pay and Benefits
- Holidays and Leave
- The End of Employment
- Dismissal for Cause
- Redundancy, Restructuring, and Employment Protection
- Employment Relationship Problems
- Health and Safety
- Information and Privacy
- Education and Training
- Model Individual Employment Agreement